All of the student data we collect helps SLPs do their jobs better and happier. Here is a list of the specific data stored by our software and the reason it's useful to do so. Note that none of the data is absolutely necessary, and SLPs are free to exclude the data where district rules forbid storing any student data.
- Student Name - this is the main way an SLP identifies a student while using the software. This is the only required piece of information, but a school or generic ID can easily be substituted for a student's name to keep data collected by the software de-identified. The student's name will appear on reports, schedules, and assessments created in the app.
- Date of Birth - the student's birth date is used as a quick reference to determine the student's age when needed.
- School - the student's school name is used to identify where the recorded services are provided (particularly helpful for SLPs who travel to multiple sites). The caseload view can also be sorted by the school field to quickly identify how many students are in at a particular site.
- Case Manager - the student's case manager is used to identify the primary point person on the IEP team for coordinating services. The caseload view can also be sorted by the case manager field to quickly identify how many students an SLP case manages.
- Teacher - the name of a student's teacher is logged so the SLP can schedule and knows who to coordinate information with. The caseload view can also be sorted by the teacher field to quickly identify how many students are in any given teacher's classroom.
- Grade Level - the student's grade is used as a reference when scheduling and selecting screeners that are grade level appropriate. The caseload view can also be sorted by the grade level field to quickly identify how many students are in any given grade level.
- IEP Date - this date is listed on various reports and can be sorted by this field in the caseload so the SLP can quickly view which IEPs are coming up next.
- Eval Date - this date is listed on various reports and can be sorted by this field in the caseload so the SLP can quickly view which triennial evaluations are coming up next.
- Eligibility - the student's eligibility is used as a reference to see under which category the the student is eligible for special education services.
- Therapy Type - the type of therapy is used as a reference when grouping students together when scheduling therapy services.
- IEP Service Time - service time is used as a reference when when scheduling therapy services.
- Tags & Notes - these are used by SLPs to store any additional information about a student that is typically needed, as well as to assist when creating a therapy schedule.
All student data is encrypted at rest in the database so it's safe, and of course a valid login is required to access and use any of the information.